By Peter Mark Hair,
Peter Mark honours 75 employees for their long-standing service
Over 1,400 years of experience among those honoured.
Peter Mark, Ireland's leading hairdressing group, has today honoured 75 of its employees for their valued contribution and long-standing service to the company.
The Peter Mark Long Service Awards took place at The Westin Hotel, Dublin and recognised employees from salons across the island of Ireland who have worked at Peter Mark for 10 years plus.
Of the 75 honoured today, the average length of service was 19 years, but many were celebrating even more significant milestones with the company. Rosemary Reilly from the Newry salon celebrated 35 years while seven members of the team were honoured for 40 years of service. Among those receiving top honours were:
- Linda Leavy (O'Connell Street, Co. Dublin)
- Lilly Cummins (Rathmines, Co. Dublin)
- Noeleen Gorman (Rathmines, Co. Dublin)
- Joe Corrway (Bray, Co. Wicklow)
- Tina O'Hagan (Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin)
- Linda Caffrey (Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin)
- Patricia Mulcahy (Wilton Shopping Centre, Co. Cork)
Collectively those 75 people honoured today have over 1,400 years of experience in the hairdressing industry ranging from stylists to support staff.
Peter Mark has been at the forefront of Irish hairdressing for 59 years. The first Peter Mark salon was opened by brothers Peter and Mark Keaveney in 1961 on Grafton Street. Their second salon opened to the public in 1964 and their third in Stillorgan in1966. The first unisex salon opened on North Earl St in 1970 and the following year they opened their first training centre at the same location. Today there are 71 salons across the island of Ireland and the company employs almost 1,700 people making it one of Ireland's largest employers.
Peter O'Rourke, CEO, Peter Mark said: "As a company built on people, today is an important day. Today we recognise those who have committed between a decade and 40 years of service to Peter Mark. This is a huge achievement and one that we are delighted to be able to celebrate with our talented team
As a company at the forefront of hairdressing in Ireland for the last 59 years, we know how important it is to attract and retain the best people. We place huge emphasis on nurturing the talent that comes through Peter Mark from the moment they walk in the door. We provide a lifelong career in the industry and we offer continuous professional development which is delivered through our world class training programme.
I want to congratulate all our Long Service Award recipients today and thank them for their commitment to our company. The future is bright as we continue to cultivate this precious talent for years to come."
- Cutting Edge
- Your Sunday Service
- Peter Mark honours 75 employees for their long standing service
- Be bold and braided this festival season
- Peter Mark Frascati Centre Take It To The Next Level
- Short Hot Summer with Cliona Hagan
- Free gift with purchase from Pureology this May
- All the style from the 2019 Peter Mark VIP Style Awards
- The Peter Mark VIP Style Awards are back!
- Thank you for our most successful Petermarkathon ever!
- Give the gift of great hair this Mothers Day!
- Look your best ahead of St Patricks Day at Peter Mark!
- Merry Christmas from all at Peter Mark!
- There is always time to shine at Peter Mark!
- Find the perfectgift this Christmas at Peter Mark
- Its Your Time To Shine this Christmas at Peter Mark!
- William Street Limerick crowned Peter Mark Colour Trophy Champions!
- Bestselling ghd oracle
- Show your support for the annual Petermarkathon
- Exclusive ghd oracle launch at Peter Mark
- The gorgeous new ghd x Lulu Guinness has landed
- A cut above the rest. Celebrating our talented team!
- The 2018 Peter Mark VIP Style Awards Winners are revealed!
- Peter Mark VIP Style Awards Make Everyday a Red Carpet Day
- Longer Days. Brighter Shades
- Celebrate in Style this Easter with Peter Mark!
- St Patricks Day Salon Opening Hours
- A Gift That Lasts This Mothers Day
- STORM EMMA SALON OPENING UPDATES
- Seventy Two Thousand Thank Yous!
- Celebrating the Season of Party Perfect Hair with extended Christmas hours at Peter Mark
- Announcing the Peter Mark e Gift Card, the best card to give (and receive!) this Christmas
- Perfect Gifts for perfect hair at Peter Mark this Christmas
- The Petermarkathon set to raise funds for the Simon Communities in Ireland and Northern Ireland!
- The Peter Mark Long Service Awards
- Peter Mark Wins at the 2017 LOreal Colour Trophy
- COLOURFUL Comes to Peter Mark
- Our 2017 Peter Mark VIP Style Awards Winners!
- Check out our Red Carpet Ready winners
- WIN YOUR RED CARPET READY LOOK
- Spring into Easter at Peter Mark
- Give the gift of great hair this Mothers Day at Peter Mark
- Fall in love with great hair this Valentines Day at Peter Mark
- Seventy Five Thousand Thank Yous
- Extended Christmas opening hours at Peter Mark
- Be this seasons Star
- Peter Mark Colour Trophy 2016
- Make your colour smarter at Peter Mark this winter
- Support Womens Aid this October at your local Peter Mark salon
- A Season of Change at Peter Mark!
- Peter Mark Opens Newly Refurbished Store in Northside Shopping Centre
- You have found us here but there is so much more to see!
- Peter Mark enjoys superb wins at the LOreal Colour Trophy Awards UK and Ireland
- Volume, Length, Colour. You are going to love Rapture Hair Extensions exclusively at Peter Mark!
- It is a standout few weeks for top Peter Mark breakout stylists!
- The votes were all for Vogue Irelands Most Stylish Woman at the Peter Mark VIP Style Awards!
- Have your say at the Peter Mark VIP Style Awards 2016
- Peter Mark welcomes Pureology
- Peter Mark and Aware win at the 2016 National Awards for Excellence in Fundraising!
- Celebrate in Style!
- Are you looking for holiday hair worth parading?
- Give the perfect Mother's Day Gift with a Peter Mark Gift Card!
- We would love to share our news!
- A Colourful Excuse to Brighten Up
- SIXTY FIVE THOUSAND THANK YOUS!!!
- Tis the season, for fabulous hair!!
- The Christmas countdown is on. Make sure you are spectacular this party season!
- Christmas is looking good at Peter Mark
- Irish talent and creativity booms through hair show with wins for Killiney, Athlone and Kilkenny.
- Peter Mark Colour Trophy, the biggest night in Irish hairdressing!
- Petermarkathon for AWARE Thank you for your support!
- The Petermarkathon set to raise funds for AWARE!
- Michael Doyle receives prestigious international award in Paris
- Fancy a change...?
- A Six Month Snapshot...
- 54 years at the forefront of all things style
- Award Worthy Hair
- Peter Mark Corrib takes the winning look
- LOreal Colour Trophy Ireland Peoples Choice Award
- Peter Mark Salons Open Sundays From Noon
- Peter Mark Mullingar is Midlands Number One Salon
- A Marvellous Makeover at Market Cross
- Pixie Power. Rock the look of the season
- Pippa OConnor is Crowned Irelands Most Stylish Woman at the Peter Mark VIP Style Awards
- The Peter Mark VIP Style Awards Back and Better than ever!
- Petermarkathon raised a spectacular 45,000 Euro for Temple Street
- No need for Easter Bonnets this holiday weekend!
- Searching for this seasons star style? The hunt is over
- We're hiring in Galway, Killarney and Tralee
- Peter Mark Christmas Gifts Online and In Store
- Masters of Colour Awards 2014 Results
- Peter Mark Masters of Colour Awards 2014
- Lights Camera Action Petermarkathon 2014 Kicks Off
- Sarah Dowling ready to set trends at Trendvision 2014 Awards
- Cork Fashion Week set to kick off
- Peter Mark Full Fashion Show 2014
- Sarah Dowling wins the 2014 TrendVision Young Talent Award
- Belfast Fashion Week
- PMStyleSelfie Wrap Up!
- 2014 exam results congratulations!
- Hair grows and so do we!
- Peter Mark invite Sassoon to bring a touch of the Wild West to Dublin!
- Away to the Races
- LOreal Colour Trophy Ireland Honours
- Styleclub Putting the 4 in 2014!
- Introducing Our Masters Of Hair!!